Tuesday 9 July 2013

End of Year 11, holiday, summer and preparations for College

Well, it sure has been a long time since I last blogged, sorry about that but it sure has been a hectic few months!

I have had to prepare for my final GCSE exams, all 8 of them; Physics, RE, English Language, 2x Geography, 2x English Language and Drama. As you can imagine that's a lot of revision, it was amazing how much of my time was taken up by revising. Out of all of those exams, the exam I struggled most with was my drama exam. We as a group decided to use my radio aid FM system to make it easier to hear one of my quieter group members on stage, after many rehearsals we managed to pull off one of our best performances, so all the hard work eventually paid off!
It even transpired at a recent audiology appointment that I wasn't hearing the higher frequencies and two of Cochlear Implant electrodes have broken down so it was a miracle that I even managed to get through the drama performance! 

When I finished my last exam, I screamed with joy; I was free! But it was emotional as before I left I had to say goodbye to my TA (Teaching Assistant) of 10 years! Without her I wouldn't have got to the place where I am today, I wouldn't have done as well as I have done. This really was an end of an era, a few tears were shed but we were determined to make the occasion as happy as possible, and thought of it as a "see you later" rather than a "goodbye."  My last day with my friends was also emotional, as I have known some for as long as 13 years. But I'm sure I'll keep in touch with those who have remained my true friends,Ii guess during this summer I'll learn who my true friends are. 

Before embarking on the next chapter in my life I need to celebrate the end of exams; holiday!!


I have just come back from a 2 week holiday, I had a lovely break, very relaxing and also great fun! I chilled by the pool, did lots of reading and swimming! We even went to Paphos for the day. During my 2 weeks away, I turned 17 so to celebrate my dad took me on a jet ski, which went VERY fast (our fastest was 81km per hour!!) it was a hair raising experience to say the least. We went out for many meals, on my birthday night we went to my favourite restaurant in Cyprus, Molti. I had a delicious meal. For pudding I ordered a lemon and sugar crepe (or as we like to say a pancake) but I wasn't to get off lightly! My mum and dads puddings arrived, and I started to wonder "where's mine?" Then all of a sudden the lights went out and it immediately hit me; I started to cringe! The waiter brought out my crepe with a large candle on the plate, and the whole restaurant burst into singing "happy birthday". Within a few minutes everyone got back to their meals and I could enjoy my crepe in peace. I felt relieved that the surprise was over and I could now relax, or could I? Whilst watching the evening entertainment, they suddenly made an announcement that it was my birthday and once again everyone burst into singing "happy birthday" whilst a personalised birthday cake was brought out! Thankfully that was the last of the surprises! Thank you to mum and dad for making it such a special day and also for an amazing holiday.




Now that I'm home from my holiday I've got many things to look forward this summer; seeing friends (going shopping and having water fights!), seeing my amazing little cousin, off on another holiday to cornwall, getting my final GCSE results- I'm already nervous!!

Most importantly, this summer I am getting ready to move onto the next chapter in my life; college. After much debate within my own mind, I have decided to go to Mary Hare. I've got to give it a try, because if I don't I'd regret it later on in life and think "what if..?" I think if I didn't go I would be turning down an opportunity. Sometimes you have got to grab an opportunity with both hands and leap into the unknown, take a leap of faith.

One chapter has ended so let the next chapter in my book begin...



No comments: